There are very few people who could call themselves perfect and be right. Most of us need to build self-confidence immediately, but the majority just either ignore the issues or concentrate on the negatives: stress, worry, jobs, money problems and relationship issues. Concentrating on these areas drains our self-confidence rather than improving it.
If you could improve your self-confidence, you could make more money, look and feel better physically, or just be more relaxed with other people. Below are five proven techniques to help build self-confidence quickly.
1. Talk to yourself in a positive manner. It sounds crazy but it works. All of us have a running monologue constantly in our heads, whether we realize it or not. Everything we see, hear, or touch sparks off an immediate dialog in our thoughts.
For those who lack confidence, this monologue is filled with negative thoughts, thoughts that literally suck energy from our minds and bodies while blocking the flow of positive messages. Take control. Use your inner thoughts to talk to yourself in a positive manner, as often as you can.
2. Dress as smartly and as professionally as you can. You won’t feel at your best if you don’t look your best. You will be amazed at how much more confidence you will have simply looking your best.
3. Increase your self-esteem even more by giving thanks to who you are, how you look, and what you have accomplished. Be appreciative of your many gifts and acknowledge the successes you have achieved regardless of how big or small.
4. Stand or sit correctly, proudly, and powerfully. Your posture sends out a message to the world, and in turn, to you. Such a slight difference can be incredibly empowering.
There is scientific evidence that shows how posture affects our mood. For instance, slouching lowers your mood. By slouching you are telling the world and yourself it doesn’t matter, that you don’t matter. Standing tall and upright will actually lift your spirit. Help build up and maintain your confidence by pulling back those shoulders and walk proud.
5. Smile. The simple act of smiling can make us feel more positive and capable of handling many of life’s challenges. Practice smiling regularly and get your facial muscles used to the physical act of smiling. Positive energy begets positive energy; your self-confidence will grow when others smile back.